Keeping our athletes and employees safe at Tumble Techs Gymnastics is a priority. Wear a mask, social distance, and please STAY HOME if you do not feel well.
Below are the policies we are following to keep everyone safe. We are following the CDC guidance for Youth Sports. These guidelines could change pending updates from the CDC or the NJ Department of Health.
- If you are not feeling well STAY HOME!
- If you have been exposed to anyone with covid you must quarantine for 14 days and return with a note from your doctor or testing facility saying you tested negative for covid.
- We will be operating at the mandated occupancy load, subject to change based on the NJ Department of Health and CDC. Example 25 % capacity.
- Travel Guidelines - If you travel on a vacation please notify the staff. NJ has issued an incoming travel advisory that all individuals entering New Jersey from states with a significant spread of COVID-19 quarantine for 14-days after leaving that state. See NJ Guidance
- The kids will be kept in cohorts with their class and instructors. They will not be mixing with other classes. Each class will have their own events/spaces to work on.
- By nature gymnastics requires spotting of athletes by coaches. While the coaches will be mindful of their contact with students, spotting may be necessary as a safety precaution.
- Until further notice the foam pit will be covered and closed.
- Spacer spots will be used inside the gym to mark 6ft distance. Instructors will encourage social distancing by utilizing more stations and less circuit based class management (stay at your station and then call switch instead of constantly following each other to stations which could cause back ups and lines). We are a 33,000 square foot facility and by nature our equipment is 6 ft or more apart.
- It is suggested that Kids wear face coverings upon entrance and in the lobby. Kids are not required to wear face coverings during class but we do encourage they wear masks. Note: Cloth face coverings should not be placed on:
- Babies and children younger than 2 years old;
- Anyone who has trouble breathing or is unconscious;
- Anyone who is incapacitated or otherwise unable to remove the cloth face covering without assistance.
- Sanitation stations are located at each event and the coach will sanitize /disinfect equipment between each class. Hand sanitizer is provided at each station.
- One way traffic is implemented in our lobbies please follow arrows and floor decals indicating the proper direction to travel. This includes one way entrance and one way exit to reduce contact.
- There will be no snacks permitted during class/practice that are 3 hours or less. Food for camp and longer team practices will be consumed at specific times. This will minimize gymnasts potentially touching their face in the lobby while snacking. As always, students are encouraged to bring water to practice.
- Temperature checks on every person prior to entering the building. Temperatures of 100.4 or higher will be sent home.
- During drop off, please stand 6 ft apart on line outside.
- Limited Parent Viewing - 1 parent per athlete permitted into the building at a time and parent must be wearing a mask.
- Employees will wear a mask while coaching closer than 6ft. If the coach can not remain 6ft from athletes a mask will be worn. Ex: instructing a group warm up from 6ft away = no mask Spotting or speaking to athlete or parent = Mask
- Hand washing time will be added and implemented to our curriculum and possibly several times throughout training if necessary (athlete touches face, athlete coughs, sneezes etc.. they will be sent to wash hands).
- Bathrooms, floors, carpets, doorknobs, cubbies, countertops, etc. will be disinfected regularly.
We all must remain vigilant and follow proper social distancing guidelines. If we all work together we can begin adding a sense of normalcy in a safe setting.